Lillie Carroll Jackson was a significant figure in the Civil Rights Movement in Baltimore during the 20th century. Her home in the Bolton Hill neighborhood was a regular meeting place for Civil Rights organizations and she served as the president of the Baltimore Chapter of NAACP from 1935 to 1970. Upon her death, the house was donated to the Morgan State University to serve as a living museum and repository for special collections that document the struggle for Civil Rights.
Gant Brunnett Architects was commissioned to provide the architectural services required to restore the building; adapting it to a museum use with technologically advanced exhibits, and incorporating all of the infra-structure required for a modern museum space to function.
Recipient of “Preservation Project Award” by Maryland Historical Trust